Music in the Park
City Park, Launceston
12.30pm to 2.30pm
Music in the Park is a Launceston City Council initiative that provides free music performances by local bands in the beautiful surrounds of City Park every Sunday during January each year.
The Concert series offers audiences a diverse range of musical entertainment and is the perfect setting for people to bring along their picnic hamper, catch up with friends and family, and enjoy the ambience. Free train rides and jumping castle are also on offer for children.
The 2013 Series saw performances by:
- Sunday 6 January - Azimus
- Sunday 13 January - St Andrews Caledonian Pipe Band and West Tamar Municipal Band
- Sunday 20 January - Steve Henty and Dan Callahan
- Saturday 26 January (Australia Day) - City of Launceton RSL Band
- Sunday 27 January - Stolen Moments
Expressions of Interest for Music in the Park 2014 Summers Series will be called for in November, 2013.