Email This Page
Printer Friendly Version
Generate PDF

Driveways and crossovers

A driveway crossing is the section of the driveway in front of the property boundary and includes the kerb and channel. The road reserve is the public land outside your property boundary. In Tasmania the owner of the property is responsible for providing and maintaining the driveway crossing. The Launceston City Council is responsible when damage to the crossing is caused by Council's works or if the Council's services need replacing. 
All new, replacement, alteration, or repairs to driveway crossings will need a Council permit via an application - there is no fee, only a procedure to follow.

Once your application has been received, our Officer will look at your plan and the site and be in touch with you. If your plan and request are approved an official letter and permit will be provided to you within 5 to 10 working days.

All work undertaken in the road reserve, including driveway crossovers must be carried out by a Registered Road Reserve Contractor; please call 03 6323 3331 for a list of currently registered contractors recommended for these type of works.  

For advice and more information, call the Council's Customer Service Centre on 03 6323 3000.