Business events and conferences
Launceston is a unique platform for conferences, meetings and incentives, offering refreshing natural beauty, stunning built heritage, world class food and wine, a wide array of intimate and larger scale venues and an established track record for hosting business and professional events.
Renowned for its innovation, entrepreneurial spirit, clean air, and friendly people, Launceston offers a wide variety of experiences within very easy reach.
Conference, Convention and Championship Incentives Program
Conference, convention and championship incentives are available to encourage associations, corporate organisations and local/state government to host their conferences, conventions or championships within the Launceston municipality during the tourism off-peak and shoulder seasons.
For more information regarding the Conference, Convention or Championship Incentives Program please call the Council's Grants and Sponsorship Officer on 03 6323 3217 or send an email.
Business event planning
The Launceston Travel and Information Centre is part of the Tasmanian Visitor Information Network, and is proudly owned and operated by the Launceston City Council. Our Events and Tourism Officers are backed by a team of tourism professionals who have an in-depth knowledge of the huge range of experiences Tasmania has to offer. As well as a friendly and free information service, we are delighted to offer Business Events and other groups the following services:
- Car hire, coach hire and other transfers within Tasmania
- Accommodation of all types (including excellent group rates)
- Exciting range of conference tour and experience options
- Pre and post conference travel itineraries (themed or tailor-made)
- Assist you with suggestions for suitable venues for your conference as well as dinners and cocktail parties, outdoor venues and unique concepts to wow your delegates
- Freecall 1800 number for delegates
- Free Launceston Tamar Valley DVD for organisers
- Free information packs for delegates (with optional extras)
- Assistance sourcing special local food and wine gift packs for speakers and VIP's
- The Launceston City Council Events Strategy
- Launceston's Event Calendar
- Tasmania's Event Calendar
- Launceston and the Tamar Valley's Tourism website
- Meetings and Events Australia
- Business Events Tasmania
Our Events and Tourism Officers and all our travel consultants understand the importance of making your business event a special experience. We would be delighted to assist you in making it happen with the minimum of fuss and expense.
The Launceston Travel and Information Centre can provide an unforgettable experience for both conference delegates and their partners with a wide range of tours and attractions. Our team can put together themed or tailor-made itineraries and tours, or simply arrange transport and accommodation to suit individual needs.
Tasmania's Launceston, Tamar and the North region sparkles with a diverse range of assets and engaging visitor experiences, all within a short drive. With award winning vineyards and spectacular scenery, the Tamar Valley and surrounding regions encompass the boutique city of Launceston, through to the pristine white sands of Bass Strait.
Outside the city, natural heritage and secluded beaches beckon and the wilderness is tantalisingly nearby, with so much potential for sight-seeing and adventure.
Whatever your flavour, don't leave Launceston without experiencing our region and all it has on offer.
For more information please call the Council's Business Events Officer on 03 6323 3307 or send an email.