Event planningThe city of Launceston is a vibrant city driven by a dynamic economy. Our city is the regional hub for the Tamar Valley and Northern Tasmania, servicing approximately 170,000 regional residents.
Every year in Launceston, significant events are staged, contributing to our sense of community and identity, providing the community and visitors alike with meaningful shared experiences, cultural enrichment and participation. The city and its residents gain an economic benefit from a vibrant and diverse calendar of events that attract over 400,000 visitors to the region annually.
The Launceston City Council supports the development of the city's vibrant calendar of events in key ways:
- Launceston City Council Events Strategy
- Provides access to resources and information
- Coordinates the Event Planning Workshop (annually)
- Provides advice and assistance to event planners
- Event Sponsorship Program
- Conference, Incentives and Championships Incentive Program
- Launceston's Event Calendar
- Tasmania's Event Calendar
- Launceston and the Tamar Valley's Tourism website
If you are planning an event or conference in the Launceston municipality, the Council's Events Officer can assist you with your event planning needs including providing information on permits and licences required to run an event.
- Event Checklist
- Parks and Recreation venue hire
- Temporary Occupancy Permit
- Road Closure for Public Function Application Form
- Place of Assembly Licence
- Temporary Food Licence
- Mayor/Aldermen involvement in events
- Risk Management
- Meetings and Events Australia
- Business Events Tasmania
For everything you need to know about recycling at your event please refer to the fact sheet
For more information please call the Council's Events Officer on 03 6323 3380 or send an email.