Hard Waste Collection Service
The City of Launceston offers residents in the Launceston municipality the opportunity to dispose of unwanted hard waste items each year. The Hard Waste Collection Service is an opportunity for residents to dispose of items that cannot be placed in the regular kerbside collection.
The Hard Waste Collection Service is a registered service.
Registration opens on Monday 8 December 2014 and closes on Friday 6 February 2015.
Collections will begin on Tuesday 10 March 2015.
- Only items registered with the City of Launceston can be placed out for collection
- Maximum weights for each item apply - two people must be able to safely lift each item
- Maximum lengths apply - items must not exceed 1.5m in length
- The total volume of items must not exceed two cubic metres per property – this is approximately the space of an average dining table
- All items with doors or lids must have them removed prior to being placed out for collection
- Items will only be collected from those properties that have pre-registered for the service
- Only registered items will be collected
- Residents are to place items out for collection no earlier than the evening before their scheduled collection date and no later than 6am of their collection day
- Items will not be collected from within property boundaries or inside fences, porches, or any location other than the nature strip or footpath immediately adjacent to the property
tyres and engine blocks
green waste (including tree branches, tree stumps and lawn clippings)
liquids (including paint, chemicals and oils)
loose rubble (including bricks)
- food or items that will decay
NOTE - each item must be individually listed and described
Register now - I have read and agree to the Hard Waste Collection Service conditions