Hard Waste Collection Day
The Launceston City Council offers residents in the Launceston municipality the opportunity to dispose of unwanted hard waste items each year. The Hard Waste Collection Day is an opportunity for residents to dispose of items that can not be placed in the regular Kerbside Collection Service.
2013 Hard Waste Day collections are now complete.
2014 Hard Waste Day - Expressions of Interest
Residents may register their interest (name, address and contact details) for the 2104 Hard Waste Day by calling the Customer Service Centre on 03 6323 3000.
Items permitted for collection are:
- White goods (fridges, chest freezers, washing machines, stoves, etc.) with doors removed
- Electronic goods (televisions, VCR and DVD players, stereo equipment, microwaves, computers, monitors)
- Any solid waste product (not excluded in the following list).
Items that will NOT be collected are:
- Tyres and engine blocks
- Green waste (inlcuding tree branches and lawn clippings)
- Liquids (including paint, chemicals or oils)
- Broken glass
- Gas cylinders
- Loose rubble (including bricks)
- Items too heavy for easy lifting or longer than 1.5 metres.