Commonwealth Games Queen's Baton Relay
Launceston Community Batonbearer nominations now open
The Queen’s Baton Relay is coming to Launceston early next year and you can be a part of its journey to the start of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
More than 3800 batonbearers are needed to carry the Baton across Australia.
GC2018 is calling on people to nominate the local legends in their community, anyone aged 10 years and up, whether they’re already accomplished or aspiring to.
Batonbearers are everyday Australians who inspire others to be great.
Being a batonbearer is a unique experience. It’s also an opportunity to be involved in the largest event to be staged in Australia in a decade.
GC2018 are looking for people who:
• Have achieved something extraordinary or inspired others to achieve something extraordinary; or
• Have made a significant contribution to either sport, education, the arts, culture, charity or within their community; or
• Have excelled, or aspire to excel athletically or personally; or
• Contribute to a fun, friendly, vibrant and inclusive community;
• Are at least 10 years old as at 25 December 2017; and
• Are an Australian citizen or lawfully entitled to reside in Australia during the Relay period (25 December 2017 – 4 April 2018).
The GC2018 Relay has been designed to be inclusive and open to people of all abilities.
Nominations can be made by visiting Gold Coast 2018.
Nominations close May 15, 2017.