Tomorrow Together is an online consultation platform where you can have your say on issues affecting you and your city.
Starting in 2019, the City of Launceston launched a community engagement initiative called Tomorrow Together.
This initiative offers an opportunity to open discussions with the Launceston community around six themes. Themes include:
- A resilient City
- A well-designed City
- A unique and prosperous City
- A mobile and accessible City
- A social, inclusive and fair City
- A focused and sustainable Council
Sign up to the Your Voice Community Panel and be the first to hear about new surveys
Connected communities are resilient communities and good neighbour relationships come in handy at times of personal hardship or emergency.
If you'd like to get to know your neighbours, here are a few simple ideas:
- Give excess lemons from your tree to your neighbours
- Swap mail collecting and pet feeding when you go away
- Offer to go grocery shopping for someone in need
- Invite your neighbours for an informal BBQ or morning coffee
- Share a bike ride or a walk before or after work with a colleague, friend or neighbour
- Exchange skills (piano lessons for baby-sitting, gardening for dinner, etc)
- Organise a street garage sale or party (see this Meet the Neighbours brochure(PDF, 722KB) and the Neighbourhood Street Party Guide(PDF, 3MB) for tips on how to organise an event)
Read more about Resilient Communities in our Emergency Management section or in the Connected Communities are Resilient Communities brochure(PDF, 628KB).
Need an interesting guest speaker for your next meeting?
The City of Launceston recognises that it can be difficult for community groups and service clubs to source an interesting guest speaker - particularly at short notice.
To help address this problem Council is happy to provide guest speakers on a range of topics including (but not limited to):
- Emergency management and what actually happens
- Economic development and the role of different agencies
- Community engagement and how you can get involved (Tomorrow Together)
- Food safety and public health - why it really matters
- Recycling and waste - building a circular economy
- What happens to your DA when it is lodged?
- City Deal - what is in it and why it matters
- Greater Launceston Plan and trends for the city and region
- Through the pipeline - major projects planned for a future Launceston
- Measuring success for the city
Alternatively we be happy to try and organise a guest speaker for your organisation on a specific Council-related project or issue.
If you would like to book a guest speaker contact Council's Community Engagement Facilitator Lisa Granger via email at email@example.com or by phone on (03) 6323 3058.