A by-election, conducted by postal ballot, will be held to fill the vacancy for the Mayor position for the City of Launceston in July 2023.
Voting is compulsory in local government elections for all electors on the State roll.
By voting you can help influence what sort of place your community will be.
- anyone enrolled on the State roll for an address in the Launceston municipality is required to vote in the 2023 by-election.
- you may also be eligible to vote if you own or occupy land in Launceston, or if you are the nominated representative of a corporate body that owns or occupies land in Launceston.
- read the General Manager's Electoral Roll eligibility for more information. Voting is not compulsory for electors on the General Manager's roll.
General Manager's Electoral Roll eligibility
You may be eligible for the General Manager's Electoral Roll if:
Enrol for the General Manager's Electoral Roll
For the 2023 by-election for Mayor, the General Manager's Roll closes at 6pm, Thursday 1 June 2023. Please complete the relevant form:
Please complete the relevant form:
General Manager's Roll - Enrolment Form (non-resident)
General Manager's Roll - Enrolment Form (corporation nominee)
To submit your form you can either
- Deliver your relevant form to the City of Launceston Customer Service Centre, Town Hall
- Mail your relevant form to the Chief Executive Officer, City of Launceston, PO Box 396, Launceston TAS 7250.