The Live Well Live Longer Expo
Want to live the best life you can? Don’t know who or what is available to help you? Young or old, find out at Community Care TASMANIA’s Live Well Live Longer Expo, proudly sponsored by The Tasmania Senior. With more than 40 exhibitors participating in six different hubs, there is a wide variety of support and advocacy services, activities and ideas to inspire you.
- In the Lifestyle Hub you can talk to our experts on NDIS and Home Care Packages, discover what assistive technologies can help you do things you can’t, experience Dementia Australia’s virtual reality technology showing you what the world looks like for someone with dementia, or check your CPR & First Aid skills with St John Ambulance to see if you could save a life. Or check your hearing with a free hearing test, get a heart screening test and more. Or just relax with a free neck and shoulder massage.
- In the Art Therapy Hub you can paint a canvas, play a drum, or create mind-stimulating activities.
- While at the Exercise Hub you can try your hand at croquet, talk to a physio about exercises to suit you, or find out about classes at the YMCA.
- At the Community Hub learn what clubs like Rotary and Probus can offer you, or spend some time putting your affairs in order with Wills and end-of-life plans.
- In the Cooking Hub meet the three ‘Four Roses Flour’ ladies who will demonstrate their cooking prowess, or learn how to make quick & easy delicious dishes from scratch.
- In the Information Hub listen to talks on understanding aged care options and what they cost, to creating dementia friendly communities.
- At our Employment Hub find out about working as a care worker. And of course there are food stalls and entertainment to round off the experience!
So whether you need assistance to live well and live longer at home, or whether you need help looking after someone at home, Community Care TASMANIA’s Live Well Live Longer Expo has something for everyone. Remember it’s free. We’ll see you there.
This free event will be held on Wednesday 17 April at the Punchbowl Christian Centre in Launceston
Wednesday, 17 April 2019 | 10:00 AM
- 03:00 PM
Punchbowl Christian Centre, 100 Punchbowl Road, Launceston, Launceston View Map