EasyPark Phone App
The City of Launceston is offering the award-winning EasyPark pay-by-phone service across paid parking areas.
Customers using the EasyPark service:
- Register once
- Can extend or stop their parking on the go
- Only pay for parking time used*
Paying for parking by phone is quick and simple, saving users both time and money. Once parked, users enter the parking area code (which will be visible on signs and parking meters) or select it from the map on the EasyPark app. Users enter their vehicle registration number, select an end time and start parking. Users will receive a reminder on their phone 15 minutes before their parking time is up, and can choose to extend their session (if the parking policy allows). When leaving the area simply click stop parking and only pay for the time actually used!
What is EasyPark?
EasyPark is a free app available for Android, Apple and Windows that allows users to pay for their parking. This allows people to pay without having to go to the parking meter, to top up parking to the maximum time allowed on the go and will send a notification advising the parking session is about to expire.
- Convenience of use - the user does not have to have change
- Only pay for the time you use
- Ability to top-up to maximum time allowed*
- Users receive a reminder 15 minutes before parking session is due to expire
- Users will still have the option to use cash - this is just another payment option
Pay for parking with the press of a button
- Save time - Faster parking with no fuss
- Save money - Pay only for the time you use
- No parking fines - Extend the parking using your mobile phone
How to use the Easypark app
You have just discovered the most efficient way to pay for your parking and avoid parking fines, overpayment and slow parking meters. Using the EasyPark app is simple and gives you virtual control of your parking from wherever you are. It's easy and quick!
- Login: Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Start parking: Select a parking time by spinning the wheel.
- Ongoing parking: Stop or extend the parking time as you need.
Following your registration you can start parking immediately. You will also receive a welcome letter by email with useful information about EasyPark. You can start a parking session with EasyPark before the paid parking time starts, and only pay for the time that the parking is for a fee. For example, you may start a parking session a 7am, but if the paid parking time only begins at 8am you will only pay for your parking time from 8am. EasyPark will automatically stop charging you for your parking when the parking is for free. For example, you may start a parking session at 4pm until 6pm. But, if the parking in the parking area is free of charge from 5pm EasyPark will limit your parking session (and your payment) to 5pm.
Watch the how-to video here
Don´t have a smartphone?
Don´t worry we have a solution for you!
Call 1 300 73 40 70 to start parking. Before you can make your first parking you need to register to the service by clicking “Join EasyPark”.
Start/stop/extend your parking
1. Park the car
2. Call 1300 73 40 70
3. Follow the prompts: enter the area code specified on the nearest parking sign or ticket machine and a preliminary end-time (which you can later extend or stop)
4. Your parking session has started
5. You will receive an SMS 15 minutes before the parking time ends.
6. You can stop or extend your parking at any time.
After completing your parking you receive an email receipt containing all details of that parking session. This receipt has the same functionality and content as a physical parking receipt.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I use several cars - can I still use EasyPark?
You can register an unlimited number of cars in one EasyPark account. When parking you simply select the registration number of the car you want to park.
2. Can I use EasyPark if I don’t have a smartphone?
You can use EasyPark regardless of the type of phone you have. Parking can be started by calling 1300-73-40-70 and then following the simple voice prompts.
3. How does the parking inspector know that I have paid?
Parking attendants use a PDA to check the number plate of your car against the EasyPark database in real-time to check for paid parking. Because the registration number is checked when issuing a fine, our in-built software ensures that you will not get a parking fine if you are legally parked.
4. Where can I use the service?
Wherever you see an EasyPark sign, or check our website for our convenient locations. In Tasmania, Hobart, Devonport and Burnie City Councils all use the EasyPark system.
5. Can several phone numbers be connected to the same car?
Yes, it’s possible to connect several cars to each user account (mobile number), and several phone numbers to account. For example, one car can be connected to everyone in a family.
6. How many cars can I register with EasyPark?
As many as you like. When you go to start your parking session, simply select which registration number is attached to your car and begin your parking session.
7. How can I change my account information?
By logging into your account on the web, or our Smartphone App, or by calling Customer Service
8. What if I forget to end the parking session?
A parking session will never go on longer than the time you initially set for the session, or the max possible parking time in a given area. In addition, you will receive a parking reminder fifteen minutes before the end-time so that you have the chance to extend your parking.
9. How long do I have to sign-up for?
EasyPark has no binding contract period so you are free to cancel your subscription at any time (refer to our Terms & Conditions)
10. What is my responsibility as the user of the system?
You are responsible for starting and stopping your own parking transactions and ensuring that the parking area code you input is correct. If you lose your phone you need to let us know so that we can ensure the safety of your account.
11. What methods of payment does EasyPark accept?
You can pay by Visa or Mastercard credit and debit cards.