My Place My Future
Due to COVID-19, a decision has been made to delay the release of the My Place My Future Implementation Stage 1 Plan.
However, this doesn’t mean that work will stop. All three levels of government remain excited by the opportunity to work together in a place-based approach that has the potential to have a very real impact on people's lives. For now, the focus will be on:
- Establishing a Social Enterprises Toolkit.
- Developing a Neighbourhood Leadership Pilot Program.
- Investigating options regarding the revitalisation of areas along Invermay Road.
- Initiating a study into alternative transport models.
- Continuing to plan for a new Defence Force Cadet Facility and a new Community Recreation Hub in Launceston's Northern Suburbs
The My Place My Future Plan will provide an integrated approach to the revitalisation of Launceston's Northern Suburbs, with the aim of supporting improved lifestyle, social and economic outcomes.
The revitalisation of Launceston's Northern Suburbs is a commitment in the Launceston City Deal to support renewed economic and jobs growth in these suburbs. This is an agreement between Federal, State and Local governments that outlines a number of actions and commitments. The City of Launceston will deliver the plan which will align with the objectives of the broader Regional Economic Development Strategy detailed in the Greater Launceston Plan.
The My Place My Future Plan is the beginning of a journey towards getting everyone to work together to develop and implement solutions in the future. The My Place My Future Plan will focus on Invermay, Mowbray, Newnham, Mayfield, Rocherlea, Waverley and Ravenswood. These suburbs make up one-third of the Launceston population.
The plan presents six areas of action (Strategic Action Areas); these are:
- Enterprise growth;
- Employment and wage growth;
- Celebration of community strengths;
- Strengthening the next generations; and
Accessing Services in the Northern Suburbs
There are many services and programs currently operating in, or accessible to, Launceston's Northern Suburbs. You can view an up to date listing of available services via Find Help Tas.
We welcome any suggestions, feedback, comments or ideas that you may have. To contact us, you can email email@example.com, or call our Customer Service team.