Inner City Living
The centre of Launceston has a large area of unused and under-used floor space, as well as some small sites that remain undeveloped. Urban 'shop-top' living is becoming increasingly achievable, viable and desirable. Explore the information below to understand the process for inner city living developments in Launceston.
To download the full Investing in the City guide, click here.
Information and advice
In order to facilitate refurbishment and urban infill for residential accommodation in the CBD, the City of Launceston can offer further advice on the various requirements that apply.
If you would like to speak with a Planner, you can:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. gov.au.
- Call our Planning Hotline on (03) 6323 3220 between 10am and 4pm, and speak with the Duty Planner
- Drop in to our Customer Service Centre between 10am and 1pm, and speak with the Duty Planner
- Make an appointment with a Planner (appointments are available on the hour at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm or 4pm) by calling (03) 6323 3220, or booking online at calendly.com/col-planning- queries
If you would like to find out if your property is heritage listed, or for information about development of locally listed properties, you can contact the City of Launceston's Heritage Planner.
For information about the building and plumbing permit process please contact the City of Launceston's Building Permit Authority.
To find a registered building surveyor, visit the online Occupational Licencing search and click on Building Services Provider.
The following documents are available at the Launceston City Deal website here.
- Launceston City Deal (see Housing, pages 26- 27)
- Launceston City Deal Annual Progress Report 2018 (see Housing, pages 32-34)
- Launceston City Deal Annual Progress Report 2019 (see Housing, pages 37-39)