Music in the Park returns for 2022
Published on 15 December 2021
Launceston's annual concert program Music in the Park will celebrate its 15th anniversary when it returns to City Park for 2022 in January.
Music in the Park is a free concert series held in Launceston's City Park on Sundays throughout summer, featuring live music from talented local performers and free train rides.
This summer's Music in the Park features six concerts with the first, featuring Apache, kicking off on Sunday, January 9.
Launceston Mayor Albert van Zetten said the annual Music in the Park series was supported by a loyal crowd of followers.
"City Park is a magnificent setting for events like this, and there are some great musicians taking part," Mayor van Zetten said.
"If you love taking advantage of the summer weather, getting outside with friends and family, and live music, then Music in the Park is for you.
"The kids' activities like the City Park train is also great drawcard for the young ones."
"We have another diverse line-up of local performers in the 2022 program.
"If you've never been before, it's great family friendly fun. It's totally free of charge, and we'd encourage families across Launceston to head down to City Park and enjoy it this summer."
Patrons are reminded that COVID-19 precautions will be in place, and that Music in the Park is subject to weather.
In the event of inclement weather, check for cancellations by visiting the City of Launceston Official Facebook page or www.launceston.tas.gov.au
The Music in the Park 2022 summer program comprises:
- Sunday, 9 January, 2022, 12.30pm - 2.30pm — Apache
- Sunday, 16 January 2022, 12.30pm - 2.30pm — West Tamar Municipal Band and St Andrews Caledonian Pipe Band
- Sunday, 23 January 2022, 12.30pm - 2.30pm — The Tassie Tenor
- Sunday, 30 January 2022, 12.30pm - 2.30pm — Tasmania Police Pipe Band, Australian Army Band and Highland Dancers
- Sunday, 13 February 2022, 12.30pm - 2.30pm — BeatStreet
- Sunday, 20 February 2022, 12.30pm - 2.30pm — Launceston City Band