The City of Launceston has a range of career opportunities available.
From accounting to engineering to horticulture, we provide exciting opportunities in a range of indoor and outdoor roles.
We offer our employees a stimulating and creative work environment plus a host of attractive, progressive benefits including:
- 50/52 Work arrangements in circumstances where employees need additional leave to manage family/carer responsibilities (e.g. during school holidays) or other special circumstances, they can request an overall adjustment in pay to obtain an extra two weeks leave
- Parental/adoption leave
- Fourteen weeks paid parental/adoption leave
- Two weeks paid paternity leave
- Emergency leave without pay
- Flexible work patterns
- Nine day fortnight in most operational areas
- Nineteen day month for all other full time employees (except senior management)
- Annual and long service leave
- Proactive approach to enabling employees to take annual leave and long service leave entitlements as this is considered an important health and wellbeing issue
- Personal/carer's leave
- An arrangement where one person can have more than one job in two different departments/directorates.
The City of Launceston is also an Employer of Choice, meaning we've been recognised by the Tasmanian Government as one of 67 local workplaces with outstanding ability to attract and retain skilled employees.