Missed collections sometimes happen and the most common reasons are:
- Bins placed on the kerbside after 6am
- Bins were hidden and the driver didn't see them (possibly blocked from view by a parked car)
- Incorrect or overflowing bin (the lid must be closed)
- Wrong material set out (or non-recyclable material in the recycling bin)
- Item presents a health and safety concern to the driver
If your bin hasn't been emptied by 3pm on your normal collection day and none of the above applies, please contact the Customer Service Centre on 6323 3000.
To report any issues or if you have any queries with the collection service, please contact us.
Disability and Injury Support
The City of Launceston provides a waste collection service for eligible people with disabilities or injuries. If your residence is 20 metres or less from the road and you don't have someone living with you who is capable of putting your wheelie bin out, you may be eligible for this service.
Please contact us to find out if you're eligible. Once you know you are eligible for the service, please complete this application form(PDF, 34KB) to register for the service.