Calf in paddock  

Our Animal Control Officers can assist in the event of stray livestock on public roads and Council land.

The Tasmanian Farmers and Graziers Association has additional resources and support for small to large scale farming operations.

If you live in a suburban or urban area, we advise against keeping livestock as they can become a nuisance to other residents, due to the associated noise and smell.